Math Explorations 3 provides students the opportunity and skills to build upon and develop their mathematical proficiency, while being introduced to new concepts to further their advancement. The focus will be on place value, addition and subtraction fluency, multiplication and division fluency, and problem solving strategies among others. This course follows the PA Core Standards for 3rd Grade and assesses students’ proficiency and growth through both formative and summative assessments. Students will interact with instructional videos and presentations, fluency and skill specific games, practice quizzes and an online textbook, to enhance their learning. Students will demonstrate their understanding of mathematical concepts through their ability to model their work, while explaining the process to solve problems.
In this course, students will:
- Learn to compare, order and round numbers up through 9,999.
- Add and subtract 2 and 3 digit whole numbers with and without regrouping.
- Compare and round money amounts, and make change for an amount up to $5.00.
- Identify, compare and classify shapes and their attributes.
- Represent and interpret data using tally charts, tables, pictographs, line plots and bar graphs.
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of temperature, liquid volume, mass, length, perimeter and area.
- Identify, compare, order and represent fractions as parts of a whole, parts of a group and whole numbers.
- Multiply and divide with multiples up to 10 with a focus on fluency.
- Participate in hands-on and interactive activities that reinforce grade-level math concepts.
- Refine writing in math skills.
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill: My Math Grade 3
Grade 3 Math Kit